Palazzo Traversa Museum
The original nucleus of Palazzo Traversa dates back to the mid-fifteenth century, probably built on the commission of a branch of the wealthy Malabayla family from Asti who moved to Bra.
The different owners who took over - including the Operti and the Albrione - made additions to the plano-volumetric additions and changes in the decorative apparatus. The oldest representation, among those so far found, is in the view of the city of Bra of the Theatrum Sabaudiae of 1666, in which you can see the façade facing west with three orders of mullioned windows, the two-pitched roof, two towers and a wall of enclosure.
Later, in the cadastral maps of 1760 and 1810, there are planimetric variations. A watercolor of the 1870 presents the perspective view of the façade surmounted by Ghibelline merlons and the southern flank with wooden balconies; the two neo-baroque portals and the neo-Gothic tower at the south-west corner of the fence, which date back to the beginning of the 900 (interventions carried out by the Traversa family), do not yet appear.
Donated to the Bra Commune in 1935, after the restoration work carried out in the 80 years, the building was used as a museum site.
Founded by Euclide Milano, who devoted passion and perseverance to the collection and collection of materials, was inaugurated in 1919. Go to the site.