From 2007 Bra is officially twinned with Calabrian reality San Sosti. The twinning follows a history of profound emigration of Sansostesi in the city of Bra since the mid-twentieth century, with a wreath community that has about two thousand inhabitants originating from the Calabrian center.
Located in the province of Cosensa, 64 kilometers from the provincial capital, the city extends over a surface 43.54 sq km and has about two thousand five hundred inhabitants. At 363 meters above sea level, the name derives from "Aghios Sostes" of Greek-Byzantine origin. There is also a landscape belonging to the Basiliano S. Sozonte Monastery. The village of San Sosti originated after the invasions of the Saracens, when groups of families found quiet, work and order around the monastery. But there was another migratory movement of the Albanians around the 1448 that contributed to the formation of the population of San Sosti. The area of San Sosti has a natural and rugged beauty made even more suggestive by the mountain chain that surrounds it: La Mula, which raises its peak, snow-white for almost the whole year, at m. 1943; the Varco del Palombaro and the Campo a m. 1563 and moreover Monte Alto, Excommunicated Greenhouse, Acqua Marcia, Patanizzi, Cozzo del Pellegrino, Serra Caruso, Frida, Scodellaro, Civarra etc.
Closed between these mountains is the Sanctuary of the Pettoruto where you come through a steep ravine with a bendy turn and wedge in the wide rock-rocky "Petruto" mountain. From a petruth easily the dialectical language passed the name to the Shrine, which became the "Pettoruto". The history of the Sanctuary is lost over the centuries. According to Borilloro, the Pettoruto Sanctuary is a medieval foundation, erected in 1274 at the initiative of the Acquaformosa Abbey, was expanded between 1633 and 1646 destroyed by the 1783 earthquake and built in 1834, was restored at the end of the nineteenth century and then again in the period from 1925 to 1929. Other historical sources point to an addiction to the Shrine Shrine from the Cistercian "Greece" of the Abbasid Monastery of Acquaformosa since 1226. It is in the period of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries that some unpublished manuscripts are made, telling us the history of the Sanctuary and above all the statue around which the church was built in the following centuries.