Bandito, a fraction of about 2600 inhabitants, is located along the direction that leads from the capital to Turin.
Bandito - Pylon dedicated to the Savoy
There are three hypotheses regarding the origin of the name. The first refers to the term notice, with the meaning of a decree publicly notified: when the call was promulgated, the territory lent itself to the subjection of the new feudal lord. The second hypothesis states that the village originated from some Longobard bandits, who escaped from the regular army and took refuge in the area bordering on the Braidese soil. The third and most plausible hypothesis is that according to which the name refers to the term "banditum", that is terrain burdened by limitations for the people.
Bandito - Villa Moffa of Lisio
A building relevant for the Banditese history is the Moffa di Lisio villa, located in the hilly part of the hamlet. After becoming uninhabitable, thanks to the intervention of some parish priests and young novices returned to their former glory. The priest who most closely linked his life to the history of the villa was Don Giulio Cremaschi, born in Codevilla in 1881 and ordained a priest in 1904, who was assigned to the house of Bra in the 1912.
San Luigi Orione also worked here, which 8 December 1911 acquires the building making it the home of the Novitiate and the home of studies of the Little Work of Divine Providence. The Orion family then surrendered to the Focolare Movement, founded by Chiara Lubich, the building that hosts the Mariapoli Center "Radius of Light". Here, the founder of the movement received, in 2003, the honorary citizenship of the City of Bra.
Bandito - Church of Saint Maurice
About two kilometers from the village of Banditese stands the small chapel dedicated to St. Maurizio. It was celebrated here every Sunday, before it was erected in a parish. There was also an income, that is, a fund at Mount of Pietà.
Continuing the road leading to Bra, you can see the so-called "Castle of Millemosche", property of the noble family of Counts Moffa of Lisio.
Madonna at Villa Moffa
This villa was built in the years before 1700 by Count Guglielmo Moffa Gribaldi of Lisio. The Count had around the year 1870, at his expense, in addition to a house, a chapel to thank the grace received for having saved after a lightning struck him.
This chapel underwent some changes of ownership until it was purchased by the Little Work of Divine Providence. The 15 February 1876 officially entered the new church the first priest, Don Giovanni Pennazio, and the 14 November of 1882 was solemnly consecrated by the Archbishop of Turin, Monsignor Lorenzo Gastaldi.
Bandit - Inscription on gravestone
To complete the picture of the buildings linked to the cult, a kindergarten was built in September of 1886 that welcomed over one hundred children free of charge, also due to the essentially agricultural nature of the inhabitants of the township. This is not the only religious building building present in the Banditese territory.
Bandito - Church of Santa Rosa
Here you can also include the Chapel of Santa Rosa in Lima, built in the 1721, the Chapel of St. Joseph, which has existed since the 17th century. The last building is the Church of Our Lady of Assumption, completed with the help of the population and Count William Gryffindor of Moore, richly decorated by the frescoes by Luigi Morgari.