the church of the Black Battuts

The construction was realized in the 1591 by the Compagnia della Misericordia, established in 1588 and known in the city as Brotherhood of the "Black Battuti", with the task of assisting prisoners and condemned to death and to provide for their burial. The Church has a very simple structure with a single nave and houses the main altar designed by Giovenale Boetto. It includes precious works by Flemish painter Jean Claret, including the "San Giovanni taken off", and four works by Agostino Cottolengo, Brother of the Holy Braid.