ASL CN 2 announces that on Sunday 10 May the hospital activities currently hosted at the "Santo Spirito" hospital in Bra will be transferred to Verduno. From that moment on, the "Michele and Pietro Ferrero" hospital will become operational for the Internal Medicine department. On the following day, the activities of Oncology and Hematology Day Hospital will begin. Traditional radiology and CT are already active. The wards of the Alba hospital, the operating theaters and the DEA will be transferred in July 2020.
Below is a brief handbook prepared by the ASL that will answer the most frequently asked questions about the functioning of the new hospital in this transition phase.
WHAT WILL THERE BE FROM 10 MAY IN VERDUNO?
- - The entire AslCN2 Internal Medicine department, where all patients who need this type of service will be admitted, even those coming from the DEA / Emergency Department of Alba;
- - The Hematological Day Hospital;
- - The Oncology Day Hospital;
- - Digestive endoscopy: gastroscopies and colonoscopies for hospitalized patients and for Serena Prevention screening.
There will also be a COVID department, with dedicated staff, separate and not accessible to the public and other patients.
CAN THE RELATIVES GO TO VISIT THE RECOVERY OF INTERNAL MEDICINE? CAN PATIENTS BE ACCOMPANIED AT DAY HOSPITAL?
According to the indications of the Crisis Unit, access is currently inhibited, and must be limited to situations of strict need (previously authorized by the structure) to support disabled or frail people.
WHAT WILL NOT BE IN VERDUNO FROM MAY 10TH?
- - There will be no DEA / First Aid, which will remain in Alba until the transfer to Verduno is completed;
- - There will be no operating rooms and other medical specialties, which will remain in Alba until the transfer. All the hospitalized in Verduno will be followed as now by specialists from Bra and Alba according to their needs.
WHAT WILL REMAIN IN BRA?
Santo Spirito Hospital:
- - the Single Booking Center (CUP);
- - the Withdrawal Point, with the access restrictions currently imposed by Covid;
- - Radiology, for radiographs and ultrasounds prescribed by the general practitioner and for Serena Prevention mammograms;
- - the specialist clinics existing today; the offer of visits will soon be expanded;
- - the Hospice;
- - sports medicine;
- - the obstetric and neonatal consultation center;
- - Social Services with their offices;
- - the Medical Guard (Continuity of Assistance) at night and before holidays / holidays;
- - the 118 station.
Via Goito Outpatient Clinic:
- - Legal Medicine, Vaccinations and some specialist services
IF I AM BAD, IF I GET BAD, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- - The first choice is to call your general practitioner (or the medical guard) for advice.
- - If I have severe pain, if I have chest pain, if I am short of breath, if it is a loss of consciousness: I will call 112 who will give me advice on how to behave or will send an ambulance.
WILL THERE BE THE BUS TO GO TO VERDUNO?
- - Yes, immediately there will be a shuttle that will depart every hour both from the Bra train station towards Verduno, and from Verduno towards the Bra train station
- - After a few weeks the frequencies will increase according to the needs.
WHEN WILL VERDUNO COMPLETE OPEN?
The move will be completed by July 2020.
For any doubt, it is possible to call the telephone number 0173-316856, 9-13 and 13.30-16.00, from Monday to Saturday; send an email to email@example.com.