Current alert level, updated as by "antismog traffic light" of Arpa Piemonte and Piedmont Region:
The map of the allowed road network (opening in new window)
The planned antismog measures will be in force until March 31 2020 and will have both a stable and a temporary nature, to be activated - in the latter case - when the daily concentration of PM10 exceeds the pre-established warning levels, according to a "Semaphore antismog" in increasing colors. When alert levels are reached as from the "traffic light" of the Piedmont Region, the temporary antismog measures automatically enter into force and remain valid tutti i giorni, from Monday to Sunday, including holidays (excluding December 25th and 26th 2019 and January 1st 2020).
Il concerned from the restrictions on vehicular traffic is cwithin Bra, with the exception of the roads indicated on the map of the permitted road network, namely: Strada Montenero, east bretellina, Piazza XX Settembre (only between the roundabout of Strada Montenero and the roundabout in via Alba), via Vittorio Veneto, piazza Roma, via Trento and Trieste , piazza Giolitti, via GB Gandino (stretch piazza Giolitti - viale Risorgimento), viale Risorgimento, via Edoardo Brizio, viale Madonna dei Fiori, via Don Orione, via Cuneo, via Cherasco, via Piumati, Strada Falchetto, Viale della Costituzione, Strada San Matteo, via San Michele, via Ospedale, via Rolfo, corso Monviso, piazzale Boglione, via F.lli Rosselli and Viale Rimembranze;
The permanent ban all year round in the city, 24 hours a day, for Euro 24 cars (whatever the power supply) also extends from 0 October to Euro 1 diesel. The limitations from 8.30 to 18.30 (Monday to Friday) for Euro 2 diesels are confirmed throughout the year and, in the winter period only (from October 1 to March 31), stops from 8.30 to 18.30 for Euro 3 diesel cars , regardless of smog conditions.
Throughout the period there is a ban on parking with the engine running and the obligation to use "certified" pellets in pellet heat generators of less than 35 kW of thermal power. The permanent ban on outdoor combustion of plant material from 1 November to 15 March is confirmed.
Temporary restrictions: the anti-traffic light
These structural measures are accompanied by emergency measures, valid until March 31, 2020 (excluding days 25 and 26 December 2019 and January 1, 2020) and active in exceeding the daily concentration thresholds of PM10 established by the Piedmont Region.
Two alerts in force, depending on the levels provided by the "antismog traffic light":
THE'first level alert, orange in color, triggers after 4 consecutive days of exceeding the daily threshold of PM10 defined as harmful to human health by the WHO (50 micrograms / m3), and provides:
- the prohibition of vehicle circulation from 8:30 to 18:30 of vehicles used for the transport of people with a maximum of 8 seats beyond the driver equipped with diesel engine with homologation equal to Euro 4;
- the prohibition of vehicle circulation from 8:30 to 12:30 on Saturdays and holidays of vehicles used for the transport of goods (categories N1, N2, N3) equipped with diesel engine with homologation equal to EURO 1, 2 and 3 ;
- the ban on the use of domestic heat generators fueled by wood biomass (in the presence of an alternative heating system) having energy and emissivity performances which are not able to respect the values at least for the 3-star class;
- the absolute prohibition, for any type (bonfire rituals, barbecues and fireworks, entertainment purpose, etc ...), of outdoor combustion;
- the introduction of the limit at 19 ° C (with a tolerance of 2 ° C) for the average temperatures in homes, spaces and commercial establishments and in public buildings, with the exception of health facilities;
- the ban on the spreading of livestock slurry and, in the presence of a regional ban, the ban on issuing the relative exemptions;
- strengthening of controls with particular regard to compliance with prohibitions on the limitation of vehicular circulation, the use of wood biomass heating systems, outdoor combustion and prohibition of the spreading of sewage.
THE'second level alert, red, after 10 consecutive days of exceeding, measured in the reference stations, the value of 50 μg / m3 of the PM10 concentration is activated. In addition to the provisions relating to the orange alert, it provides:
- the prohibition of vehicular circulation of commercial vehicles (categories N1, N2, N3) with homologation equal to Euro 1, 2 and 3 diesel, from 8:30 to 18:30, on Saturdays and holidays, and with homologation equal to Euro 4 diesel, from 8:30 to 12:30 every day;
- the ban on the use of domestic heat generators fueled by wood biomass (in the presence of an alternative heating system) having energy and emissivity performances which are not able to respect the values at least for the 4-star class.
The structural and temporary traffic restrictions do not apply to some classes of vehicles specified in the ordinance, such as, for example, those of economic operators who enter or leave the stands of the weekly markets or from authorized fairs, those driven by drivers with more than 70 years not owners of vehicles excluded from the limitations or by people with Isee relating to the family unit of less than 14 thousand euros equipped with self-certification attesting to the requirements, emergency vehicles and law enforcement, buses used for public transport (provided they are equipped with particulate abatement devices) and vehicles used in car pooling by at least three people. The complete detail is indicated in the ordinance.
In case of non-compliance with the provisions envisaged, violators will be sanctioned according to the terms of the law.