The competent office is the Registry Office
Via Barbacana, 6 - ground floor - tel 0172 438345 - Opening hours to the public:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8,45am - 12,45pm
on Thursday open all day from 8,45am to 16pm
Correcting or updating personal and civil status data of EU and non-EU foreign citizens residing in the Municipality, in the presence of suitable documentation of the country of origin.
Foreign citizens registered in the Register of Resident Population who, following changes established by the laws of the country of which they are citizens, change the data relating to their personal details and marital status, can request the correction of such data in the personal registers by making a specific request.
If the rectification concerns a minor citizen, the request must be presented in his stead by the person exercising parental responsibility.
The corrections may concern
- birth data (surname, first name, place and date of birth, parent data)
- data on civil status (marriage, divorce)
- the surname for married / divorced women
- changes in citizenship
- changes in kinship relationships
Citizens must present themselves at the Registry Office - Via Barbacana n.6 - with all the original documentation and an identification document and sign the appropriate form prepared by the counter operator based on his declaration.
The officer in charge analyzes the documentation submitted, makes a certified copy of it and within the following 30 days issues a motivated provision and updates or changes the personal data bank.
• Party petition
For variations related to surname, name, place and date of birth
• Italian identification document
• passport or foreign identity card already with the new personal details.
• tax code already adjusted.
• any residence permit already amended.
• declaration of the consular authority in Italy which clearly shows the new personal details of the applicant and in which the signature of the person who signed the document is legalized at the competent Prefecture, except in the case in which the country does not adhere to particular international conventions which exclude the legalization of the consular declaration issued.
For changes in marital status or registration of deeds
• Identification document.
• Original foreign certificates with legalization or Apostille (excluding cases of exemption due to international or bilateral agreements).
• Translation of the certificate in Italian also with legalization or Apostille, if performed abroad, or sworn and certified translation at the Italian Court.
As an alternative to the certificates, the applicant can present a certificate from the consular authority in Italy, in which the signature of the person who signed the document is legalized at the competent Prefecture, except in the case in which the country does not adhere to particular international conventions which exclude the legalization of the consular declaration issued.
Being a foreign citizen residing in the Municipality.
Place where the application is to be delivered by hand
• Registry office
Termination of the procedure or procedure of external relevance
Within 30 days of request.
Costs charged to the user: none
Standards of Reference
- DPR n. 445 of 28 December 2000 (art. 33) "Consolidated text of the legislative provisions on administrative documentation"
- L. n. 218 of the 31 / 05 / 1995 "Private International Law"
Variations in general (surname, name, place and date of birth) of non-EU citizens are communicated to the competent Police Headquarters.
To citizens who change their personal details, the Registry Office can issue, upon request, a certificate of the change. EU citizens in possession of a certificate of regularity of residence or a permanent certificate are not obliged to request a new certificate; they can use the old certificate accompanied by the above certificate. In the face of a change in general information, it is necessary to change the Italian identity card, while it is not in the case of changes in marital status.