Citizens of legal age, in possession of political rights (i.e. who have not received criminal convictions that imply the loss of electoral right) residing in the Municipality of Bra and belonging to the following states can apply: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia , Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Hungary.
In addition to Name, Surname, Place and Date of Birth, they must be expressly declared, in the form provided for the submission of requests and declarations to the public authorities by art. 38 of the Dpr 445 / 2000:
- the current residence in the municipality, as well as the address in the state of origin
- the request for registration in the Electoral Lists Added by application
- possession of political rights
The Electoral Office will carry out the necessary investigation to verify the absence of causes impeding the exercise of the right to vote, acquiring the necessary certifications from the Criminal Records Office and the Police Headquarters. The successful or non-registration in the Added Lists will be communicated to the interested parties. An appeal against non-registration is allowed.
Presentation of applications
The registration in the Added Electoral Lists allows the community citizen to be eligible as a municipal councilor and to be nominated as a member of the Municipal Council, with the exclusion of the positions of Deputy Mayor and Mayor. EU citizens who intend to submit their candidacy for City Councilor, in addition to the documentation required of Italian citizens, must produce:
- a statement containing the indication of citizenship, current residence and address in the State of origin;
- a certificate, dated no earlier than three months, from the competent administrative authority of the home Member State, showing that the person concerned has not lost the right to be eligible.