IoAiutoBra 1 rid
Anyone who wants to change the name or add to another's name, or change the surname, also because it is ridiculous or shameful or because it reveals the natural origin or add to another surname, must ask the Prefect of the province of the place of residence or of that in whose constituency the civil registry office is located where the birth certificate to which the request refers is located.
The application must state the reasons underlying the request and indicate the modification to be made to the name or surname or the name or surname to be taken. In no case may the attribution of surnames of historical importance or in any case be such as to mislead the applicant's affiliation to illustrious or particularly well-known families in the place where the applicant's birth certificate is located or in the place of his residence.
The Prefect, having assumed all the necessary information, if he deems worthy of being taken into consideration, authorizes the applicant to issue the notice of the municipality of birth and of current residence a notice containing the summary of the application. The posting must last for 30 days.
The publication authorization decree may establish that the applicant notifies certain persons of the application summary.
Anyone with an interest may object to the request within a period of thirty days from the date of the last posting or from the date of the last notification to the persons concerned. The opposition is proposed by an act notified to the prefect.
Once the deadline has elapsed, the applicant presents to the prefect a copy of the notice with the report certifying the posting and its duration as well as the documentation proving the completed notifications, where required. The prefect, having ascertained the regularity of the billboards and notifications and assessed any oppositions, provides on the request by decree. The concession decree, in cases where there has been opposition, must be notified by the applicant to the opponents.
Decisions authorizing the change or modification of the name or surname must be annotated, at the request of the persons concerned, at the date of birth of the applicant, in the marriage act of the same and in the birth certificates of those who derived it last name. The civil status officer of the place of residence if the birth or marriage has taken place in another municipality must promptly give notice of the change or modification to the civil status officer of the place of birth or marriage, which must provide analogous annotation.
The effects of the decrees remain suspended until the fulfillment of the formalities indicated above. For members of the same family, a single decree can be provided.