Current alert level, updated as by "antismog traffic light" of Arpa Piemonte and Piedmont Region:
The map of the allowed road network (opening in new window)
The anti-smog measures provided are in force from 1 October 2020 e until March 31 2021 and are both stable and temporary, to be activated - in the latter case - when the daily concentration of PM10 exceeds the pre-established alert levels, according to a "Semaphore antismog" in increasing colors. When alert levels are reached as from the "traffic light" of the Piedmont Region, the temporary antismog measures automatically enter into force and remain valid tutti i giorni, from Monday to Sunday, including holidays (excluding 25 and 26 December 2020 and 1 January 2021).
Il concerned from the restrictions on vehicular traffic is cwithin Bra, with the exception of the roads indicated on the map of the permitted road network, namely: Strada Montenero, east bretellina, Piazza XX Settembre (only between the roundabout of Strada Montenero and the roundabout in via Alba), via Vittorio Veneto, piazza Roma, via Trento and Trieste , piazza Giolitti, via GB Gandino (stretch piazza Giolitti - viale Risorgimento), viale Risorgimento, via Edoardo Brizio, viale Madonna dei Fiori, via Don Orione, via Cuneo, via Cherasco, via Piumati, Strada Falchetto, Viale della Costituzione, Strada San Matteo, via San Michele, via Ospedale, via Rolfo, corso Monviso, piazzale Boglione, via F.lli Rosselli and Viale Rimembranze;
Permanent ban all year round in the city, 24 hours a day, for cars € 0 fueled by diesel and petrol, and for Euro 1 and Euro 2 diesel, both used to transport people and goods.In the winter period only (1 October - 31 March) stop from 8.30 to 18.30 on weekdays from Monday to Friday for diesel cars € 3, regardless of smog conditions. From 1 January 2021, the ban will also be extended to vehicles equipped with a diesel engine with homologation € 4. Always limited to the winter period, the 24 hour circulation ban is in force for all mopeds and motorcycles with homologation lower than Euro 1.
For the whole year there is a ban on parking with the engine running and the obligation to use in heat generators to pellets with a thermal power lower than 35 kW of "certified" pellets. The permanent ban on burning outdoors of plant material in the inhabited center and in residential areas, as sanctioned by the current Municipal Regulations of the Urban Police, while in the remaining areas it is prohibited from 1 November to 31 March, based on the provisions of regional law n ° 15/2018.
Temporary restrictions: the anti-traffic light
These structural measures are accompanied by emergency measures, valid until March 31, 2021 (excluding days 25 and 26 December 2020 and January 1, 2021) and active in exceeding the daily concentration thresholds of PM10 established by the Piedmont Region.
Two alerts in force, depending on the levels provided by the "antismog traffic light":
Thefirst level alert, orange in color, occurs after 4 consecutive days of exceeding the daily threshold of PM10 defined as harmful to human health by the WHO (50 micrograms / m3) on the basis of the verification carried out on Monday and Thursday over the previous four days, with concentration forecasts for the day in progress and the next at least in one case above the limit value, and involves:
- the prohibition of vehicular circulation from 8:30 to 18:30 of vehicles used for the transport of people with a maximum of 8 seats besides the driver equipped with a diesel engine with homologation equal to Euro 3, 4 and 5;
- the prohibition of vehicular circulation from 8:30 to 18:30, from Monday to Friday, of vehicles used for the transport of goods (categories N1, N2 and N3) equipped with diesel engines with homologation equal to Euro 4, until the entry into force of structural block starting from 1 January 2021;
- the prohibition of vehicular circulation from 8:30 to 12:30 on Saturdays and holidays, of vehicles used for the transport of goods with diesel engines and homologation equal to Euro 1, 2, 3 and 4;
- the ban on the use of domestic heat generators powered by woody biomass (in the presence of an alternative heating system) with energy and emission performances that are not able to comply with the values envisaged at least for the 4-star class based on the environmental classification;
- the absolute prohibition, for any type (ritual bonfires, barbecues and fireworks, entertainment purposes, etc ...), of outdoor combustion also in relation to the exceptions allowed by art. 182, paragraph 6 bis, of the legislative decree 3 April 2006, n. 152 represented by small piles of plant residues burned on site;
- the introduction of the 19 ° C limit (with tolerance of 2 ° C) for average temperatures in homes, in spaces and commercial establishments, in public buildings with the exception of health facilities;
- the ban on spreading livestock slurry and, in the presence of a regional ban, the ban on issuing the relative exceptions.
Strengthening of controls is envisaged with particular regard to compliance with the prohibitions of limitation of vehicular circulation, the use of woody biomass thermal plants, outdoor combustion and the prohibition of spreading sewage.
Thesecond level alert, red, is activated after 10 consecutive days of exceeding, measured in the reference stations, of the value of 50 μg / m3 of the PM10 concentration and concentration forecasts for the current day and the next in at least one case exceeding the limit value. In addition to the provisions relating to the orange alert, it provides:
- the ban on vehicular circulation of commercial vehicles with homologation equal to EURO 1, 2, 3 and 4 diesel, from 8:30 am to 18:30 pm, on Saturdays and public holidays;
- the ban on vehicular circulation of commercial vehicles with homologation equal to EURO 5 diesel, from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, every day.
The structural and temporary traffic restrictions do not apply to some classes of vehicles specified in the ordinance, such as, for example, those of economic operators who enter or leave the stands of the weekly markets or from authorized fairs, those driven by drivers with more than 70 years not owners of vehicles excluded from the limitations or by people with Isee relating to the family unit of less than 14 thousand euros equipped with self-certification attesting to the requirements, emergency vehicles and law enforcement, buses used for public transport (provided they are equipped with particulate abatement devices) and vehicles used in car pooling by at least three people. The complete detail is indicated in the ordinance.
In case of non-compliance with the foreseen provisions, the transgressors will be sanctioned according to the terms of the law
Advertising and validity measures
Temporary measures are active on the day following the control day (Monday and Thursday) and remain in force until the next control day (Tuesday-Thursday and Friday-Monday). The indication of the alert level (color of the level) is communicated on the following websites:
• on the home page of the Piedmont Region website: http://www.regione.piemonte.it
• on the ARPA Piemonte website: http://www.arpa.piemonte.gov.it/
• on the Po Valley Agreement website: http://www.l15.regione.lombardia.it/#/protocollo-aria/map/list
as well as on the website of the municipality of Bra, on this page and on the homepage.